Sunday, November 17, 2019

Billy The Dog

 Bill put to sleep


After only a week of illness, we had to put Bill to sleep on Sunday 17th November.






He kept falling over when trying to walk and wouldn’t eat or drink. We took him to the vets initially thinking it was muscular but he couldn’t walk at all and we made an appointment for Sunday knowing he probably wouldn’t recover. It was only 6 days from the start to the end - thankfully a very short illness.


He was certainly a character and very independent. I won’t miss him not coming back and chasing after him when he ran away for miles (literally) after other dogs or of course the barking!


I will miss him badly although, of course, we still have Erin the Dog.


He went peacefully in my arms. He had the best 14 years of life a dog could ever wish for. We had great adventures together and he was my rock when things were an uphill struggle.


I know he touched the heart of everyone who came across him. He’ll be forever in our hearts.


Sleep tight my little boy.


Pic a day before he died.