Thursday, April 7, 2022

COVID 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿








After two years of trying to avoid the disease, we eventually succumbed on 2nd March when first me then Ritz tested positive.

I had had a sore throat and stiff neck for a couple of days in Venice and started a light cough and cold-like symtoms. I didn;t feel too well when we arrived home and took a test whichshowed positive.

We both had the same symtoms but I seemed to recover much quicker. I was expecting this to go down to my chest more but luckily it didn’t. After 5 days on 7th March we both tested negative which was a reat result since we had to travel to Hallingbury to get the boat out of the water and have it blacked and serviced. To miss this would have been costly.

We still had a slight cough and Ritz’s cough went on for a few extra days.

We probably caught this in Venice as there was quite a few people and we were quite close even though we took precautions.

Now we have had it it might bild up our immune system a little. So much for the jabs – but I suppose they were wearing off.

I think we got away quite lightly. We will still take as many precautions as we can because it wasn;t a great experience but certainly not as bad as I thought or as bad as it could have been if we caught this in the early days of Covid.